View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 11:16 AM   #49
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
Dennis,
What I find interesting is that I can be engaged by books with lots of political and social ideas. For example, I like all three of Heinlein's most famous works (Star Ship Troopers, Stranger in a Strange Land and The Moon is a Harsh Mistress) but I am not turned off by the strong political or religious ideas in any of them; I think in large part because the works are so very different. Heinlein is exploring the ideas, not necessarily preaching them (Though Moon is a Harsh Mistress seems to come close to his personal beliefs I think).

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote