Thread: PRS-T2 Hacking the T2
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 01:59 PM   #208
johnthemate
johnthemate began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS - T2
Ok, so Ive started the process. I was too impatient to wait for an answer But I dont seem to be able to even mak e a back up !

Ive downloaded rupor-rescue.7z onto my pc. unzipped it, and then placed the "OS firmware" file on my SD card ( 16GB card). I did this by putting the card inthe reader, connecting the USB cable, and tranferring the file across from my pc to the card.

I then disconnected the reader. SD card still in place. Reader off. pressed the reset button, held down the home and menu buttons, and then pressed on. keepign my fingers on the two buttons, it then starts to opening book. The bar goes all the way to completion. I take my fingers off the two buttons ( I have also tried not taking my fingers off the buttons).. and then it jusy hangs there. Opeing book.. nothing happens. To get out of this state, I need to press teh reset buton and on button again ( without the home and menu button).

Looking at Windows drives, I have a 1.36 GB FAT32, and a 10MB FAT. i would say, that clearly I have not managed the first step.

Any clues anyone?? I hope this page is still alive.

Thanks,

John
johnthemate is offline   Reply With Quote