View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 12:41 AM   #9
livramax
Addict
livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Aura HD, Galaxy Note 8, Fire HD10, Galaxy S6 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Thank you both. I finally ripped the packaging open and got to my Nook (never waited so long to unbox a gadget). It has firmware 1.0.1. I quickly disabled Wifi before it can install an update, and have been reading up on the links you sent and getting mentally ready for the task.

@Livramax, for 1.0.1, do your links and description still apply?
I read that 1.1.1 gave it better contrast and better speed, and you had 1.1.2, but since that is not the latest firmware now (you mentioned 1.2), what should I do?

Thanks in advance!
I rooted my NST after I had updated it to 1.1.2 (which I seem to recall fixed some sudden freeze issue I and others had experienced). Overall I am pretty happy with my NST's current state: I have only loaded a handful of apps (Mantano eReader, Perfect Viewer, Accuweather, Opera Mobile, NPR-News, Wifi-Widget, ADB-Wireless-Widget, ES File Explorer, SearchMarket), but I like having the ease in finding and loading any Market app when needed.

From what I've read, the few feature enhancements of 1.2 over 1.1.2 are not important to me, and the kinks in rooting 1.2 are still being worked: basically one can root the NST but loading app is somewhat tedious (e.g., via ADB). As such I am currently not inclined to update to 1.2 and re-root my NST.

In your case, if you are anxious to root your NST I'd suggest that you investigate and consider updating to 1.1.2 before rooting. If not you can update to 1.2 and wait a bit until the process for rooting 1.2 gets further improved.
livramax is offline   Reply With Quote