View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 12:22 AM   #3
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisepurl View Post
I'm thinking of buying an iPad Mini to use as an eReader. I'm in Canada. Where will I be able to purchase downloadable books? I'm mostly interested in recently published books.
In addition, to what Victoria wrote:
You can buy ePUBs from (almost) any source you want.
There are quite a few reader apps for iOS (doesn't matter, whether you use these on iPad 1/2/3, iPad mini or iPhone), which support Adobe DRM (ePUBS or PDFs).
Bluefire reader or txtr app for example.
You simply can buy on any website. Download via Adobe Digital Editions. Then load those ePUBS via iTunes into the respective app.
You don't even have to strip the files from their respective copy protection. You can use them directly, as you've downloaded them via Adobe Digital Editions.

And:
Legal or not (depends on various issues, such as your location, the source of the books and such): Technically, it's relatively easy to strip any purchased eBook from copy protection. Then you can convert into other formats. Whatever app you're using: The source file, without copy protection, can be converted to a format readable by your favorite app.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote