View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 12:19 AM   #54
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
I think it all depends on the level of understand one is trying to attain. Dante's Divina Commedia is a very difficult read, if you want to get the whole 'deeper meaning' - all the historical references and inside-jokes.

Shakespeare has always been difficult for me, because English is not my first language - or second, for that matter.

But I would say, the two worst challenges for me are tedium and anger.
Tedium is pretty straight-forward. Some books you just have to put down.
But anger is much worse. Some books you don't put down - you want to throw them, swiftly, out of reach. I tried reading 50 Shades of Gray. One thing is for sure. I would never, ever, be able to finish that. I can work through anything, from Milton to any stochastic calculus book. But I will never, ever, be able to finish that obscene (in prose, not content) aberration.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote