View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 08:47 AM   #163
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
@Jellby

About & #8239; -> Narrow no-break space.

" This char is also used in French before ";?!»" chars and after "«". "

As a French, this space entity interests me a lot of course. It's what we call or close to "espace fine insécable". However I can see no way to use it for EPUB purposes. Sigil erases it immediately, ADE will probably flag it with a question mark as it did with   (this last one at least is recognized by Sigil) )

It seems we need special software to handle this? But how can we expect to transfer it to ebook-readers which follow ADE specifications? This has always puzzled me.

Emulation, though possible, seems to be too cumbersome for these small animals.
texte<span class=*»fine*»>nbsp</span>texte
Related CSS*code:
.fine {font-size: 30%; }

If you could provide some more comments on this, I would be very interested.

Last edited by roger64; 03-26-2012 at 08:57 AM.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote