View Single Post
Old 06-30-2022, 10:52 PM   #12
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyGrump View Post
@ Bookcat --- is the image display problem the same as your problem with Jellby's Tom Sawyer, with the "other" images displaying too small?

If so, I am wondering if I might try setting the "other" images in svg wrappers to to see if that will keep them full size.
Your No Wrap version is fine. After Kepubbing it, I can expand all the images with no problems.

But the Wrapped version and Jelby's Tom Sawyer both strangely 'squash' the chapter images of the kepub version to the top of the screen, so that it's all mishappen, as though someone had sat upon the image.
If I use the epub, the chapter image looks fine, although the wrapped text overlaps the images. The other images are very small.

Your no wrap version solves the problem of the images, but loses the appearance of an antiquated book, which the wrapped one seems to have in Calibre.

I'm choosing to use the no wrap kepubbed version. There isn't the option of a no wrap for Jelby's Tom Sawyer.

I hope this makes sense and helps.

I'm not sure what's causing the 'squashed' appearance. Perhaps it has something to do with Kobo? Or Kepub. (I use Kepubify to kepub.)

Thanks for your wonderful work.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote