View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 08:19 PM   #12
IntegrityWolf
^_^
IntegrityWolf began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Touch (Wi-Fi)
I doubt the non user-replacable battery is beneficial to the "average" user. Amazon just made it that way because it makes the Kindle 2 thinner. Non replaceable batteries are a pain in the arse! No matter what people say, they DO die and need to be replaced. Instead of going online and getting a new one for cheap, you have to pay 50+ bucks PLUS shipping to get it replaced, not to mention being without your device for a while. It's the one thing I hate about iPods!

With the SD card...I actually was REALLY surprised they got rid of it. Kindle has support for Audible audiobooks, and it's fairly easy for the average person to transfer them over to the Kindle, no fancy process needed. If one has a lot of books and audiobooks, plus magazines/newspapers, there WILL be a need for more storage. I'm with desertgrandma in that I don't like how Amazon is telling me what I do/do not need. I bought the device, I can use it how I'd like to! (within law and reason of course). I love my SD card because I put all my manga (Japanese comic books) and hefty PDFs on there. It's so useful.

Anyway, that's just my $0.02. I am just lucky that I got my Kindle for Christmas and it is a Kindle 1, not a Kindle 2. I will do my best to make it last. (hope I can! Both my Palm TX and iPod are each 3 years old!)

Let's hope Kindle 3 will be better.
IntegrityWolf is offline   Reply With Quote