View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 02:06 AM   #54
Mivo
Fanatic
Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: In use: Pocketbook InkPad 3, Kobo Glo, iPad Air 2
If he sold the distribution rights to a publisher, I'm not sure he can make that decision. That said, I really do like Mark's take on this topic and applaud him for having realistic views. A honor system is hard to implement legally, but an approach like, "It's okay to give a copy to one friend if you bought the book." is exactly the kind of handling that addresses my biggest issues with copyrights and DRM.

I see this sometimes done with video games where you buy a license and get a second, giftable one as a bonus. I almost always buy games like that at the full price instead of waiting for a sale. Has this ever been done with e-books?
Mivo is offline   Reply With Quote