View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 07:55 AM   #16
Bookripper
Connoisseur
Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too much to remember
Yes i still have it, i refused to send it back. I'm travelling in Asia for the moment and i already spent 35 euros on a speed delivery, only to get the same faulty device back. Needless to say i was pretty angry when i started it up for the first time and right away it bugged.
So in the end they only wanted me to give them the receipt of payment, which i also refused because i already sent them a copy of it, together with my bricked device. It's not my fault that they did not keep it. So they paid me 168 euro. I still have a 30 euro cover and i spent well over 70 euro in shipping costs, so i still have a loss of over 70 euro.

It sounds stupid but i absolutely LOVED this thing, i could not have been more happier with it. This was supposed to be my travel buddy, my little friend. but it's a backstabber. I really can't understand why, for this price, they can not make their stuff better. I will not be spending any more money on a bookeen product. I'm pretty much done with ereaders for the moment.

Maybe i'll buy an old Sony as cheap as possible, the concept of an ereader is excellent, but the way mine bricked is ridiculous. The way bookeen handled me was too, they sent me back a broken device and it took 2 months and a lot of unfriendliness from my part to get a refund. I call things like i see them but i don't like being plain rude, but that's what it takes to get things done from companies these days. And i'm still down 70 euro...
I'm writing this on my old Iconia a500 ( i guess over 2 years is old for a tablet), i'm running on an asus E-pad ROM, i've abused this thing, hacked it, stretched it to the limits of its abillities so hard that i would totally accept it if died for no reason right now. And then i buy an ereader, handle it with satin gloves, and the first time i take out the sd card when its in sleep mode, it bricks. Its actually pretty funny when i look at it this way.
Bookripper is offline   Reply With Quote