Thread: Touch Excessive Battery Use?
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 11:51 PM   #100
Ryvyan
I read what I want.
Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone XS, iPhone 6, Kobo Clara
My Nook STR has been crazy the past month. The drop in battery is quite normal, but somehow it will not fall below 80%. Before this is reached, my Nook will freeze like there is insufficient battery power - not responding to hard resets but only when I connect it to a power plug or my Mac. The battery will indicate at least 80% whenever I do this. I have been charging it quite a lot these days because of this fault.

Also, sometimes before it freezes completely like in the situation above, the STR will freeze when I'm in the middle of a read. A hard reset would solve the problem quickly though.

It's irritating to no ends, and I wish it would just go back to normal (dropping too low and a warning pops out). I do not use a SD card. No idea what to do... The warranty will expire soon (June), but I'm outside the US and shipping it back without a backup is just lame.

Has anyone attempted opening up the device for a battery change? I'D LOVE TO GO THIS WAY IF POSSIBLE.

Last edited by Ryvyan; 05-06-2012 at 11:56 PM.
Ryvyan is offline   Reply With Quote