View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 07:53 PM   #22
timlegge
Addict
timlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kobo, Kobo Wifi, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by molman View Post
Well thanks all the more for doing this in your spare time, I very much apreciate it. It's also nice to know Kobo is supporting your efforts. Out of curiousity what language is the coding done in? Python?

I hope so too. Curious what the track record is with regards to the older Kobo models when new ones came out?
Yes, much of Calibre (the drivers in particular) is written in Python. With respect to Calibre I try to ensure that it supports all the older hardware but I normally ask that users be on the most recent firmware version for that device.

Kobo typically supports earlier hardware but there is a limit. We have not seen any updates for the original kobo in a while.

Tim
timlegge is offline   Reply With Quote