View Single Post
Old 01-07-2008, 07:26 PM   #41
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbs View Post
I just don't feel obligated to provide you with something you can take apart, nor do I think anyone else is obligated to do so. There's nothing wrong with doing so, but at the same time, it's not obligatory.
He does have an objection I consider valid: the FBReader ebook viewer displays Mobi documents, but can't handle the high compression variant. FBReader runs on an assortment of things MobiReader doesn't: http://www.fbreader.org/downloads.php

While I prefer Plucker for my own use, Plucker is largely PalmOS specific. (There is a product called Vade Mecum that reads Plucker files on PocketPCs, and FBReader reads Plucker files, too.)

I'm experimenting with MobiPocket because it seems to be the most broadly supported format. If I'm going to create ebooks for others to read, I want to make them available to the widest possible audience.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote