View Single Post
Old 08-24-2013, 04:15 PM   #1653
Snowman
Zealot
Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.

Device: iPhone 5, Kindle K3, Kindle Voyage
Awesome - that did the trick. I made the amendment, then chose a random book, blanked some columns, including wordcount, then did a force update. It worked as expected.

Incidentally,I do not remember changing any tag. I rarely do; could it be that ffn itself has various versions of Fanfiction, FanFiction, etc in its own db?

What is interesting is that I then selected all book, went to bulk-edit->tag editor, and looked for Fanfiction. I expected to see both versions, but still only the one was in the total list of tags.

So, to summarise - if a tag exists somewhere, and an book update (not just ffdl) attempts to add a tag with a different case, then a partial update will (silently) occur. This is will probably be noticed during individual updates, but is likely to be overlooked during a bulk update.

I have a feeling that I saw something similar in the "backend db testers" thread...

The post in "backend db testers" is #227-230. In this case, a changed case in a tag could cause an update to unrelated books. So similar, but not the same.

best regards

Snowman

Last edited by Snowman; 08-24-2013 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Found referred post in "New database backend"