View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 08:10 AM   #15
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
It is not skewing the argument it is why BetterRed made the argument to begin with. If you look at post 2 above you'll see I recognize that Old Threads have their place, but making the Old Thread Warning easier to see would benefit all forums.
Ok, my post was badly phrased. By narrowing the argument down to technology threads ignores the fact that many threads on MR are about ideas, books and general discussions, and the fact that they get resurrected matters not one bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
This is what I do by hand in the Calibre forum, when I catch them, in order to give folks a heads up.
I agree that good practice, particularly in technology threads, would be to open a new thread and make reference to an old one, rather than post to the old thread.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote