View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 07:51 PM   #99
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc88 View Post
I do currently utilize you tube for 1080p material. If there isn't any higher resolution, why do manufacturers make displays more capable?

I have some blurays that include ultraviolet which the new nook supports. What resolution would one watch those in with the new nook?
That will depend on the file the studio makes available: Ultraviolet files can be SD as well as HD.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UltraVi...rmat_.28CFF.29

One thing to consider when talking internet and streaming video: high resolution is no guarantee of quality video because the files will be compressed with lossy algorithms and quality will depend on the compression rate and the source material quality and *type*. (I.E., Talking head movies will tolerate higher compression better than SFX-heavy action flicks.)
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote