View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 02:08 AM   #3
bear4hunter
Addict
bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle 3 & DX Graphite, PocketBook 302 & Pro 603
Calibre has a bit of a learning curve, even for me.
I only use it sometimes, to "convert", just to use the html inbetweens, which I can alter and touch up with KompoZer or Notepad ++.
Reason for this is, that Calibre always seems to mess up during the conversion, the converted book is mostly unreadable, unwanted linebreaks, sentences have paragraph breaks in the middle and so on.

However, one problem I had with mobi2mobiGUI, is that changing the title didn't work properly. I have all 4 books of the twilight saga, which I want my kindle to show up in the correct publication order. So I changed the title with mobi2mobiGUI to somenthing like "twilight saga book 1..." and "twilight saga book 2...." - but these titles don't show up on my kindle, they are still listed (alphabetically) as new moon, twilight,...
Do you think calibre can do the job, without messing up other things?
bear4hunter is offline   Reply With Quote