View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 07:46 PM   #14
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I would have put in a file link to my author folder where I keep author specific data. So my question still stands :-

Why is the link I put in the Manage Authors not used for the link behind the author name in Book Details, and if that's not what it's there for, then what is it there for, then... ?

BR
It is used for the link as shown by the following screen shots. The first shows the contents of the link field for the author. The second shows copying the link to the clipboard. The third shows the contents of the clipboard pasted to a text editor. The fourth shows the firefox trying to open that link.

I also tried it with the link file:///c:/windows/. Clicking on this link opened a file explorer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.png
Views:	233
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	106272   Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard02.png
Views:	251
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	106273   Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard03.png
Views:	227