View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 05:44 PM   #1
tapar
Connoisseur
tapar is no ebook tyro.tapar is no ebook tyro.tapar is no ebook tyro.tapar is no ebook tyro.tapar is no ebook tyro.tapar is no ebook tyro.tapar is no ebook tyro.tapar is no ebook tyro.tapar is no ebook tyro.tapar is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3g, Kindle Paperwhite v1
PDF->Mobi extra spaces inserted?

Howdy,

I have been really loving Calibre and am very pleasantly surprised by how powerful it is. It has been invaluable in organizing my collection. It is going to be a godsend for teaching my mother how to manage her Kindle after XMas.

The only hurdle I am still having trouble with is the beast of beasts...converting PDF->Mobi for the Kindle. The defaults seem to produce output that looks like after every two and a quarter lines someone hit enter a couple of times to add a bit of white space. The text is whole and everything is there, but the blank space is someone distracting. I am thinking there is a setting somewhere that I am unaware of.

Anyone know if there is a solution? If I can get Calibre to do the pdf convert and not have to explain how to run MobiPocket Creator to my less than technically proficient mother I will be eternally in your debt. When I was looking for the answer I saw a post from early November where Kovid mentioned that a new pdf conversion engine was in development, so perhaps I just need to be patient. lol.
tapar is offline   Reply With Quote