View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013, 03:17 PM   #317
Stingo
Fanatic
Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KH2O, KPW2, KDXG, KPW1, K3, S505
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
So far as I am concerned, the Amazon Collection software meets my particular needs and that is really all I have to worry about.

I enjoyed all the features of the 5.4.2 update and look forward to the next update.

It is possible that the average Amazon customer is more like me than the dedicated Calibre users and that is why Amazon has not focused on Calibre needs. I have never used Calibre or Apprentice Alf. Aren't there specialized forums here and at other locations for users of those software packages which can better answer questions and solve problems than readers and posters here?
Simaru, it may be that you are a fairly inexperienced user with slight use of the device and therefore don't understand the issues raised in this thread. If not your use may be different from others and you have not experienced the problems yourself.

The complaints are not about features unique to users of Calibre or Alf. The complaints are inherent to the workings of the firmware upgrade which would be experienced by a Kindle user with more than one device and with numerous online purchases from Amazon. If you have multiple devices on one account the new firmware will force the same collections on all of the devices even if you use one of the devices and your wife the other. Also, if you remove items from your device their ghostly name will clutter your collection list making it harder to find what you are looking for. Although there are aditional issues for persons who side load books, these issues have nothing specifically to do with Calibre or Alf since un-DRM'd books can be side loaded without either.

I am pleased for you that you enjoyed all the features of the 5.4.2 update and look forward to the next update. However, it costs you nothing to hope that the concerns of others who clearly are displeased with these unwarranted inconveniences are also addressed in an upgrade. I myself am a long time Kindle user and cannot upgrade to the new firmware because of its impact on my collections.

This is a pretty savvy group so you may want to withhold judgment until you full hear out the issue in the future.
Stingo is offline   Reply With Quote