View Single Post
Old 09-02-2008, 08:50 AM   #35
ashkulz
Addict
ashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 1/REB 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
I recently put my EBW1150 through a more exhaustive surf of the internet and found out it was not really up to the task of 'general' surfing; primarily due to it's more limited (available) internal memory.

The following is information I was given by ETI when I had asked about the EBW1150's (in)ability to display large .imp ebooks. Garth Conboy's response was:

I think we hit that "wall" way too soon when surfing the internet with the EBW1150 and it leads, all too often, to a "crash".

The ability to surf the internet is handled much better on the REB1200, primarily, I think, due to the internal memory differences noted above.

In conclusion, we must be careful how the EBW1150 is used to surf the internet and may have to limit ourselves to smaller, PDA-friendly pages.

Anyone else experience any different?

p.s. I'm afraid my EBW1150 also could not handle internet hyperlinks within a .imp ebook loaded into the reader; unlike the REB1200 which can.
Hmm, what if we changed impserve so that pages above a certain limit are automatically paged (i.e. there is a limit on the HTML we send). Also, we can remove not understood HTML constructs (eg. script tags, frames) and compact it + run it through HTML tidy before being sent to the client? This can easily be done as a plugin (hint to nrapallo )
ashkulz is offline   Reply With Quote