View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 07:47 PM   #5
CandyDane
Enthusiast
CandyDane has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CandyDane has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CandyDane has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CandyDane has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgeorg View Post
I need to help my (step) father set up a new iPad (retina). He is in his late 80s and I haven't used an iPad before. I have read the posts about Marvin ereader & using Dropbox and that sounds perfect for books.

I have some other media to experiment with (music, a video, an audiobook). I don't know if he has a PC/Apple that I can use to sideload. I have to ask. The files are on Dropbox.

Can I download directly from Dropbox to the iPad (via iTunes, perhaps?). Any advice and suggestions would be appreciated!
I know you didn't ask this, but I really recommend you go with your step father to a couple of the free iPad classes offered at your local Apple store.

I've "taken" several friends (not really computer savvy) to several classes and they've always learned something. They only last about an hour and you can stay after and get answers to specific questions that weren't covered in class.

They've all said how much more comfortable they are now with their new iPads and have all gone to additional classes to learn more.

As any such classes, some are better than others but all of them offer something to learn and should help your step father enjoy his new iPad.
CandyDane is offline   Reply With Quote