View Single Post
Old 01-23-2008, 01:24 PM   #3
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by radius View Post
The level of contrast I'm talking about would be similar to say, a Psion Revo or HP 48 calculator, which judging from the pictures [edit: of e-ink reader screens] I've seen seems to be better than first generation e-ink screens and possibly better than current ones as well.
Have you considered the e-bookwise device? They seem to be very much appreciated by many folks, I'd've probably bought one myself, except I knew that the e-ink devices were coming out by the time I learned of the e-bookwise.

One thing to remember, however, about e-ink is that it doesn't photograph all that well. I'd suggest that you try to see one of the displays in person so that you can really see how it compares to LCD's. The pictures are a bit too deceptive to really go by, I'm afraid.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote