Thread: MobileRead October Book Club Vote
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 03:00 PM   #17
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
I enjoyed it much more than I expected to but I won't be reading others like it unless they come up in the Book Club again.

My notes for this centered around the fact that Polly was willing to provide so much of her money to her father despite that he walked out on her when she needed him the most. The duty she felt she had was incredible. I don't know for sure that this sort of family duty was held by most people when this was written, but I do know that anyone who was in this situation now and provided money like that would be considered an idiot. Especially given his attitude towards her and how he was using the money (especially his parties).
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote