View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 03:11 PM   #61
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
i don't know, but here's an interesting post (i've no idea where it was posted or by whom) i stumbled on and saved as a text file back then:
SyFy (I still *blechh* at that name) has a bad history of scuttling successful and popular shows. They killed of Stargate SG-1, Stargate: Atlantis, Dresden Files, and now Eureka, when they were all still very popular. What I heard at the time was that Dresden Files was pulling in great numbers but the audience was skewing older and more female than what the network wanted. They were after the young male demographic at the expense of everything else.

Given their focus on wrestling I can really believe that this is true.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote