View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 05:53 AM   #460
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quexos View Post
I wonder why Kobo readers have so many bugs here and there ?
All my books luckily for me display a thumbnail but a few do not display it properly. Some got it super small, kind of like a thumbnail within the thumbnail, and one even displays it deformed and stretched up so the bottom and top of the thumbnail go all the way up and down as they should but the left and right sides are crushed in like a column.
I spend a lot of time in the css to fix issues, but this one I cannot fix.
Are you talking sideloaded epubs or kepubs?

For sideloaded epubs, the cover image is the first page of the book. If that renders OK when you view it, then the cover image used should be OK. If you are getting stretched cover images, it usually means the code to display the image is stretching it. There has been a lot of discussion about using an SVG tag to size the image correctly.

Sideloaded kepubs need an extra property added to the cover definition in the OPF. The extended plugin does this.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote