View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 02:55 AM   #21576
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Houston ... the Eagle has landed! Great trip, great flying, great weather, great scenery, great people, great vacation, lousy tea. I forgot to bring my own and had to drink Lipton's Yellow Label...

Now I'm kicking back with a cup of Yorkshire tea, and getting ready to start working on the pictures. My wife took all the flight photos, and I'd say she did a pretty fine job of it! Not easy to get good photos when shooting moving objects in the sky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Ok, Sitchawl, what charcoal sticks are used in the hot water pots?
If you have an Asian market in your area, they will have them. They are just either hardwood or bamboo charcoal sticks, about 3"-4" long and 1/2" in diameter. Usually come in a plastic bag with 2-3 sticks inside for a couple of dollars. They last several years. If you can't find them (but you should be able to in any large Asian market. They are in EVERY supermarket in every Asian country!) let me know and I'll send you some. If you can get any 'natural charcoal,' i.e. NOT briquettes, that will work. Just rinse off any surface dust and drop in your hot pot. I just took a look in our pot and I can see charcoal dust specs on the bottom of the tank. Eating natural charcoal will not harm you in any way. In fact, you can get charcoal capsules in every healthfood store. Unfortunately, the charcoal in them is too fine to use in your water pot. Another source is art supply stores. Many sell natural charcoal sticks for drawing, though they tend to be thin. Still, they work fine.

Icarus
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Flying2.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	204.5 KB
ID:	94122   Click image for larger version

Name:	Flying1.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	245.6 KB
ID:	94123   Click image for larger version

Name:	Flying3.jpg