View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 08:17 AM   #6
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
What is the matter with people ?

I hold around 100 books on my 650 at any given time, a few are old favourites, others I buy or d/load as and when I see them available, and have time/facilities to get them.

I have never yet
a] run out of books I wanted to read, anywhen,
b] ever seen a book I would like to read at any time that I had to get it, at that very moment, or I'd either miss out, or the quality of my life would deteriorate,
c] been desperate to have the most feature-laden piece of equipment on the market at any time, because the manufacturer, and a lot of people, tell me I need it,
d] thought, at a bus stop, let's see what book I can buy/download before the bus arrives 'cos the process is such a fascinating experience,
e] ever handled a reader made of plastic that made me feel it was a better, more pleasing object, than my 650.

Can't think of any more offhand, but really. P'raps at some stage in my life, one of these will change, but none seems to be capable of holding sufficient importance in the scheme of things to make it worth worrying about.

Why is it hard for you to accept that people want different things in an e-reader?

I like being able to download a book when I want to. It is no different then walking past a bookstore, going in to browse, and buying a book when I know I have plenty to read at home. Or going to the library and borrowing a book when I have others to read at home.

I love being able to download the next book in a series when I am finish the one I am reading. I love being able to download travel books on the fly when my husband forgot to pack them.

I have handled Sonys, Nooks, and Kindles. I don't find any of them that much better then the other. I love the light weight feel of the K3 but prefer the larger screen of the DXG so I have a DXG.

I prefer the features on a Kindle to a Sony. I don't want a touch screen, so Sony's major selling point is useless to me. I don't think the Sony feels better then a Kindle. I think that the Sony is way over priced for what it is. I like my 3G, joystick, and keyboard. It works for me.

I am glad that you enjoy your Sony and that it is a good fit for you. The Kindle is a good fit for me.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote