View Single Post
Old 10-07-2007, 02:31 AM   #50
ereszet
Zealot
ereszet has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ereszet has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ereszet has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ereszet has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 Archos 704 wifi
Paperless office

Quote:
Originally Posted by user View Post
I don't know what kind of office you run, but I doubt we will ever manage to operate an office paperlessly (well,, in the near future at least)

things like seals and signatures in original papers will hardly ever be digitally substituted
We will have true paperless offices in the future but for now "a paperless office" is something as described in wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paperless_office

For me, a paperless office is the way of processing information in the office. I store all the original stamped and signed documents somewhere in the office (it is the job of my secretary) but I never have to search for them physically if I must refer to them. I just use a few words that describe the subject and I retrieve in my computer a list of indexed files that contain those words (a boolean search is possible). I don't even assign any keywords to my document files, which is a standard practice in corporate "paperless office". Every OCR recognized word in my documents is indexed, so a combination of words and date of the file let me find anything in seconds.
ereszet is offline   Reply With Quote