View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 09:20 PM   #12
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
If the e-book has anything more than the first page under the Reader's contents icon, then I think it has to have a non-empty <GUIDE> section.

Another way to generate "typical" MOBI books would be to run mobigen.exe on an exploded LIT file, and compare the result to using html2mobi. In the case of Baen books, you can use the LIT version and compare the result to their MOBI version.
I tried to use the guide tag according to the documentation but I did not get it to work. What I did not get was how the other point of the href should be specified. I tried with a name attribute to a but it did not seem to work.

I actually got mobi2html to work. Use it as:

perl mobi2html Alice_In_Wonderland.mobi > Alice.html

The images should work. But there are some problem with the rendering of the "wave text". I attach the script if anybody are interested in playing around with it. How do I attach a file called mobi2html?
Attached Files
File Type: pl mobi2html.pl (1.6 KB, 967 views)
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote