View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 06:08 PM   #1
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
html2mobi (a mobigen replacement written in Perl)

When I realized that there was support for reading and writing mobi files in Perl I got inspired to start to write a mobigen replacement today since my favourite language is Perl.

Now if a set of html files are given to the script a table of content is generated automatically. The script also takes an opf file as input and now it manages to generate a working mobi file for the Alice in Wonderland test example with working images (at least they work in FBReader). The table of content is not working properly but I will look at that. Does anybody know the datastructure for this? I can always just add it in the beginning but if it is possible to do it correctly I will do it.

Now I just save the images in new records. Will this work? I seem to remember some limitations mentioned about the size of a record.

In a couple of days I can make the first alpha version available. But first I want to test the script on some more examples. So does anybody have any recomendation for files to test with? Or know about some well known issues I should check for?
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote