View Single Post
Old 07-27-2009, 11:46 AM   #10
Abecedary
Exwyzeeologist
Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: :PRS-505::iPod touch:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero9 View Post
Not only are the ePubs I'm looking at on WHSmith CHEAPER than American versions (before conversion fees anyway), they're actually ePubs. One book I planned to to buy today I couldn't find in ePub format at any US store, just Adobe Secure PDF (and the others like Mobi and eReader). But these UK stores have the ePub that I want.

So is there any catch to buying from WHSmith if I'm American?
None that I know of. I bought several books from them earlier in the month, and I have another pile that I'm going to buy soon. If you use a Visa card, they have a site that gives you the current exchange rate (it seems most banks have a 3% fee). Also, from the books I did buy, it appears that the publisher actually handles the conversion (instead of the reseller), so the books are very clean and well formatted.

Another site to look at is Waterstones (just add 'ebook' in your search string). I haven't ordered from them yet (mostly because WHSmith has slightly better prices), but they stock some books that other sites don't. I've seen mention from other posters here that they've bought from them with no problems, too.
Abecedary is offline   Reply With Quote