View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 01:21 PM   #1
McAlsop
McAlsop began at the beginning.

Device: Stanza on iPhone
Suggestion: Don't set "color" tag in .epub css

I've been using Calibre for a long time and never seen this, but recently it's happened a couple times. Note: I'm using version x.67, not .68 yet.

I'm converting from several formats to .epub.

After some recent conversions, the .css file in the epub includes the "color" tag and is set to "rgb(0, 0, 0)" [black].

I use Stanza on the iPhone and that is causing the font color to stay black, ignoring any font color settings within the app. When I read at night, I like to set the background to black, and obviously I can't read black text with a black background.

Right now, I'm opening the epub with winzip, then opening stylesheet.css with notepad, then removing all instances where it's setting "color: rgb(0, 0, 0)" and/or "color: XXXX". After doing this, it works as expected in Stanza.

Is this tag necessary for some reason? If not, I'd suggest making sure it's never set - though I don't know how difficult that is to program.

p.s. It also seems to be setting a color for the hyperlink tags "a", but I never have hyperlinks because I only read books.
McAlsop is offline   Reply With Quote