Thread: Kobo Start Menu
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2014, 07:28 AM   #38
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kobo Glo, GloHD
I wonder if its possible to include a basic file manager in this menu.

I was thinking about a scenario like this:
You are on vacations, away from computers with your reader, and somehow it gets into a "software trouble".
You can fix this with a factory reset, but then you lose all the patches that you've made.

But if you had somewhere a folder with the last "KoboRoot.tgz" firmware and all your patches unpacked, you could copy them to the .kobo folder and perform the updates one at the time.
I know that an update is not the same with a factory reset, but it it something ...

This also takes for granted that the menu and your backup folder will survive the installations.
embryo is offline   Reply With Quote