View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 07:56 PM   #90
taustin
Wizard
taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
I just read the terms, and couldn't find that in there anywhere. I know the case you're talking about, and I believe that the terms were changed after that.
I haven't kept up with changes (there are other reasons I don't buy ebooks from Amazon, starting with the fact that I don't much like their devices). The news coverage at the time quoted the new verbiage. There was a lawsuit over the fact that they had said, publicly, more than once, that once you buy something, it's yours, and that they did not have the ability to remove stuff remotely. Then they removed stuff remotely. Perhaps the newer devices don't have the ability, and they no longer feel that the terms need to include that.
taustin is offline   Reply With Quote