View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 05:22 PM   #5
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HiSense A7 CC, Fire HD6, Kobo Libra2
Reminded by this month's selection that it has been my library for almost two years and needing a break from history books I started it last Wednesday and was so caught up with it that I stopped reading only when I could no longer hold my eyes open. Finished it early yesterday and although I didn't like the last two or three chapters so much decided to re-read it because I did have a bit of trouble keeping all the boys straight and guessed at (or ignored) the meaning of a lot of the British words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
I agree. I'm about halfway through now and while the first part is good, there's a really good part near the middle.
I am curious though...which part near the middle are you referring to? I was especially captivated by solaruim.

When transferring Black Swan Green to my PE I was surprised to find two other of Mitchell's books (Cloud Atlas and The Thousand Autumns of Jacob De Zoet) in Calibre! Not at all sorry, but am wondering why I bought three books not knowing whether I would even want to read (or finish) more than one. Must have been trying to use up Fictionwise bonus points!
CharlieBird is offline   Reply With Quote