Thread: Touch Kobo Touch Firmware 2.0
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 03:57 PM   #31
kaikara
Zealot
kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobertron View Post
I just noticed that there doesn't seem to be the airplane mode option. It is possible to turn the wireless off. Is this the same? The description says it will prevent the device from connecting without asking, but I assume it could still be scanning for networks etc. Presumably in a plane the wifi should be disabled altogether (and this would save power).

As an aside, I preferred the airplane icon to the wifi bars with an x over it (which, to my mind, implies that the wireless is active but not connected). But that is just nitpicking.
On the home screen there is a little gear that accesses the settings in the left top corner. If you click on it you can check and uncheck wifi on or off. Having it unchecked is the same thing as airplane mode and easier to get to to switch it on and off.
kaikara is offline   Reply With Quote