View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 03:08 AM   #48
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
Optware (and a full debian chroot) worked great on the k3, but later kindles have been plenty of trouble.
I wonder when someone installs Optware in /mnt/us/ (NOT /opt partition), is there still a chance of bricking KT? <- well there is always a chance, but roughly let's say just because of disk space issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
Note that symlinking is not needed, you can do everything with bind mounts. Also, there's no real reason to create another directory in /mnt either, it can very well be beneath /mnt/us. So you don't need writes to the root partition at all.
A request (hawhill or danik maybe?!):
I installed ipkg and 6-7 packages following the OP instructions (not danik's ones), and after removing all the packages, there are still a lot of packages left in various folders inside /opt!!! How can someone completely remove them safely? (ALSO, I believe 'ipkg remove mypkg' doesn't remove all the files it installed (which sucks) and leaves empty folders behind too!
I have attached my KT's freespace, I wonder if I am Ok, compared to other people's free spaces?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	free-space-on-kindle-touch.jpg
Views:	444
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	82887  

Last edited by thatworkshop; 02-22-2012 at 10:52 PM.
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote