View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 03:55 PM   #146
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSharks View Post
I'm guessing you were a Hills Street Blues fan! For me, I think the dialog is the most important...I love good writing, but it has to have a smattering of intelligent humor or I tend to find it depressing. Law & Order is a perfect example, I liked the depth of characters but eventually found the story lines so depressing that I lost interest in the show...
I don't really remember much about Hills Street Blues. My TV preferences hadn't yet developed at that point. But I do watch Adam-12 every weekday at 4pm on our local Retro TV affiliate. While obviously dated and old-fashioned by today's standards, THAT is a genuine "cops doing cop stuff" show.

I agree about the dialog and intelligent humor, which is why I preferred Law & Order: CI over SVU. (Plus the Benson/Stabler "dramatic tension" got really old after a few years. They should have named the show "Law & Order: Detectives With Issues".) And CI also had more "happy endings" than SVU. But I don't watch any L&O anymore. I'm still a Vincent D'Onofrio fan, even if he is a bit of a spoiled brat in person. (At least that was my impression being around him for several hours.)The new L&O looks good (and I like Molina), but I've only caught one episode.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote