View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 02:38 PM   #57
MichaelJScott
Zealot
MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
That article's conclusion "After all, if all stories aren’t the same, there’s no reason they need to be written the same way. Vary your tools and techniques." is making more and more sense to me.
Can't say that I've ever "burned down" a novel before, but I have done a few intensive rewrites. And there's been a few I've just abandoned somewhere in the woods where I know they can't find me again.

As for outlining, etc., I don't have a standard approach. Some novels I outline - usually in a single sitting. Others I just start writing and see where it takes me. And then there's at least one series I'm writing that has an "outline" of a sorts, except that it's only in my head. I suppose that counts as "vary[ing my] tools and technique."
MichaelJScott is offline   Reply With Quote