View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 01:05 PM   #4
holymadness
Guru
holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
I haven't noticed an increase in negativity, but the Internet has definitely given a voice to a lot of morons who never would have been granted entry into curated media. Since most comments are neither vetted or ranked, the stupidest sits right next to the most enlightened as if they were both equal.

An inevitable consequence of giving more people a platform and a pulpit. The ignorant vastly outnumber the intelligent, whether online or in real life.

On the flip side, the ease of online communication (blogs, twitter, forums) has led to my discovering a lot of interesting writers I'm not sure I'd ever have encountered in the pages of Wired or The Atlantic.
holymadness is offline   Reply With Quote