View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 12:56 PM   #16
Man Eating Duck
Addict
Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Kobo Aura, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
surely a blockquote would look better if centred i.e. with left and right margins both the same, or am I out of step with the universe here ?
For what it's worth I center them with left/right margins, and that's not gonna change

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
I see , in lots of retail epubs, a blockquote setting of left 2em, right 0em.
Related, about units: I currently do blockquotes with ems, but thinking about it percents might make more sense for catering to phone readers. Visually a very small distance (I guess about 1.5 physical mm) is enough to make the block stand out, on the other hand something like 2em is significant on a mobile phone held in portrait. Maybe about 5% left and right margins would be better?
Man Eating Duck is offline   Reply With Quote