View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 08:37 AM   #225
Carpman
Connoisseur
Carpman began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Pro
JD

I have always used the Kobo software without issue until last night when I installed "statusbar.free", the problem came to light then. I quickly junked this software.

The books that are now showing "foreign" text (as indicated above) were originally transferred over from Calibre and were okay until the I added the "statusbar" yesterday. The books started as epubs and went over as such, like many, my books come from Kobo and other vendors.

Strangely it would seem that only the books I have FTP'd over are now showing this problem, before as I say, they were perfect in fact one of the books I was 74% of the way through, I am now stuck. I will need to go through my collection to see how widespread the problem is.

No I have not tried another reader as the Kobo software for all is obvious faults has been okay for me.
I am loath to load yet more software, but realise that I may have too, though I would do so "under protest'.

I will hold fire for 24 hours to see if someone else has seen this problem and has a fix.

Thanks and keep watching
Carpman is offline   Reply With Quote