View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 05:26 PM   #383
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Sounds to me like Bookripper is one of those technophobic people. First if you are going to count on the salesman at the store to tell you how your Kobo works you are in for a big disappointment. Those people wouldn't know a reader if it hits them in the face. A few days before the Glo was released here, I asked one of those about when exactly it would be available and after checking in his computer the guy told me that the Kobos were already there and after walking with me to the e-readers aisle he pointed me towards a Kobo TOUCH ...

As for the Memory of the Glo it truly can hold over 1000 books and much more if you use an SD card. Now there are things to keep in mind when using the external memory to store books, even I who don't use that memory, have heard about that. But I bet Bookripper must have crammed unceremoniously a whole bunch of poorly formatted, css flawed rips and mixed them with books in the internal memory, thus creating issues.

About his battery being at 17% after an hour. Dude after a week mine is at 60% But maybe you did not read the notice that says to charge it a bit the first time before using it. It's no secret that the Wifi is quite energy consuming so what business did he have to leave it on permanently ? Once your reader is updated and you have checked whatever books you needed at the online bookstore you turn-off the Wifi, obviously.

As for the PDF's how are they not working ? they work fine, granted I did not test those much as PDF's are not what I need in a reader but for me it went well.

So I guess the bottom line is: Sure there can be issues with technology and in some cases bad ones but some people seem to attract them by mistreating or manhandling their devices. Like when you are done charging your reader you must disconnect your reader from the computer before actually unplugging it. If you don't then don't complain if someday there can be damaged files.

Last edited by Quexos; 10-27-2012 at 05:31 PM.
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote