View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 03:27 PM   #34
abishur
Enthusiast
abishur is generous with chocolateabishur is generous with chocolateabishur is generous with chocolateabishur is generous with chocolateabishur is generous with chocolateabishur is generous with chocolateabishur is generous with chocolateabishur is generous with chocolateabishur is generous with chocolateabishur is generous with chocolateabishur is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 4 Touch
I had that issue too (tough for me it happened after I messed around with the messages.mo file)

For me it was a three part solution.

First make sure you're using the correct naming scheme. I had to use the exact naming scheme as mentioned in the readme or it just plain failed

Restart it and if that doesn't work:

Second I had to go into

/var/local/java/prefs/com.amazon.ebook.framework/

And edit the prefs file to have these two lines

low_level_screens.dir=/opt/amazon/low_level_screens/600x800
screensaver.enable.userdefined=true

to be fair you could point low_level_screens.dir straight to /mnt/us/screensaver but I had a link going from the 600x800 director to me screensaver directory so it worked just fine.

Restart again and if it's still not working, I finally had to uninstall the screensaver mod using the uninstall.bin file restart and re-install it using the install.bin.

After I did this last thing, I rechecked the previous two changes I mentioned, gave it one last restart for good measure and everything was working again!
abishur is offline   Reply With Quote