View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 12:20 PM   #10
Crowl
Wizard
Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW Signature edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwharrison View Post
I've also heard that when you use an LCD at work, you are not staring at it consistently. You are looking around, at documents on your desk, at people who come to your desk, and so forth, and that gives your eyes chances to rest that they may not get when sitting down and reading. I think there is some truth to that. Also, my monitor is further away from my eyes than I can comfortably hold a book or ereader, so the distance may be a factor as well.
Whenever I have had a workstation assessment by the health and safety people in work that thing about looking away regularly is something that they make a point of mentioning, doing something to allow your eyes to relax rather than staring at the screen the whole time.
Crowl is offline   Reply With Quote