View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 02:02 AM   #13
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
Classics, promo, ARCs and special gifts apart, I would never so much as glance at a free or $1.99 book. Their quality I have found in the past is similar to that found by the dozen in my daily and dreary slushpile of sub-standard submissions. Certainly, I will only risk my precious recreational time on something with a price tag that suggests serious editorial input and professional publishing. Sure, that's no guarantee of of a great read, but at least it lowers the odds against tripe. Sorry to sound so grumpy. Neil
This is so unfair... I have read many free/cheap books from self-published authors, which were beautifully formatted and edited to a point, where you could find no errors...

Your post is offensive to me, and I don't even write books.

P.S. In answer to the OP's question, I think a lot of people would read your book if you offered if for free - if it's in their preferable genre.

Last edited by lene1949; 02-24-2010 at 02:17 AM. Reason: Adding PS
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote