View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 10:00 PM   #66
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap.T View Post
I'm having a question concerning the speed between Calibre and the Glo. Before the Glo I had the PRS-T1 and sending a 0.2MB Book to that device took about two or three seconds if that. Sending a book the same size to the Glo takes about 30 to 40 seconds. Also it takes about two minutes after connecting the Klo to USB until the green arrows appear that show which books are on the Glo and which are not. That also took just a few seconds with the T1. Considering all the Firmware problems from a few month ago I'm glad sending books with Calibre works at all, just coming from the T1 I wanted to know if this speed is normal for the Kobo or if I need to change a setting somewhere. Thanks!
My 2 cents

Each device driver does different jobs: some are simple file transfers. Others, also reads and modify internal data structures, the writes it back (or some way else ) each thing take time
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote