View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 11:05 AM   #10
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
I love to re-read. At distance of years, I have changed, become more educated and I can enjoy better.

Before I got him definitely out of my system, for reasons that have nothing to do with literature, I re-read Hemingway at least 6 times.

I re-read Bohl's short stories several times and a couple of Solgenitzin's also. And the Italians Gadda, Primo Levi and Calvino. Recently I re-read with much pleasure Ulysses.

I keep reading Dante, and Shakespeare, and Moliere. If they told me, from now on you will read only from one book, I would hesitate between La Commedia and Shakespeare. Maybe la Commedia. It is so dense, so rich.

INMMO, music to be appreciated has to be listened over and over and over again. Until all the features become familiar, then the real enjoyment begins, with familiarity. And the comparisons between performances, rendition, interpretations.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote