View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 01:18 PM   #12
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Thank you both for your answers. Here are two more questions.

Will the WiFi connected to my router have a monthly fee?

No. The Wifi router just converts your existing internet connection to a wireless signal.

If I connect the NC to my computer to download books, does that also mean my wife has to sit at the computer (at home) to read library books? Or, do you have to go to the library to do this?

Both regular books and library books are downloaded to your PC. After that you copy them to the Nook. You can read them on the Nook.

Will 3G be available at my house if my wife can use her AT&T cell phone at the house?

I can't understand why the NC does not have 3G. More money, less way to connect.

B&N pays the 3G phonebill of the Nook Classic, that is the reason you can only use the 3G to connect to the B&N shop and to download books. You can only download small files (there is a 10MB limit). B&N can afford to pay this.
The Nook Color magazines, interactive books and apps are a lot larger than regular e-books so B&N would have to pay a lot more for the 3G, they cannot afford that. An alternative would be to let you buy a seperate 3G plan for the NC, but that would mean negotiations with mobile phone providers and it would be quite expensive. You would have to pay $300 to $400 every year for 3G for your $250 NC.
And more and more mobile phones can be used as a Wifi hotspot so you can connect you Wifi devices to the phone.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote